<$BlogRSDURL$>

Fasten, fit closely, bind together.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Mal Reporting on Her Junket to The City of Brotherly Love 

Being unemployed and living in a cow-town, I've had a rather excessive amount of free time at my disposal these last couple of weeks. So I took a little vacation ("from what?" is the question my parents keep asking) and went to Philadelphia this past weekend.



Well, ladies and gentlemen, I was not prepared for all the brotherly
love.




I'm certainly not queen of the streets- I can barely drive 5
minutes down the road without getting lost. But even a small-town girl like myself knows a good thing when she finds it, and that good thing is
Philadelphia. It's more manageable than The Big Apple and a great deal more interesting than Beantown. The "L" as I believe it's called is dirt
cheap, and if you're looking for a good time, Philly is the place to be. The f*%king Liberty Bell is there people! So is the spanking new Constitution Center, which will make you feel so patriotic you'll... well I don't know what, but you'll really like America. They have a lot of great
clubs and performance venues (including the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, yeah JMraz), and let's not forget the daily menu.



If you don't like Philly Cheesesteaks (who the f*%k are you anyway?) they have those crazyass soft pretzels, and WATER ICE. I won't get started on that little feat of desert engineering, but let's just say that I'm hooked. Among
their schools they have Temple, for all of you packing weaponry. They have one of the top-ranked hospitals in the country, and their children's hospital was number 1 this year. There are great places to shop, eat, party, and even do all three (Reading Market Terminal). I wouldn't dare say that Philly can compare to NYC in terms of size and intensity, but at least in PA people say they're sorry when they bump into you. And maybe the Bostonians have an up on academics, but you don't know what the hell they're saying when they talk to you.

And so I got to thinking, which big city really wins in the grand
battle? Is it NYC, home of more middle fingers than any other place on
earth? What about Philly with those cheesesteaks? Or does Boston dominate
because of the prevalent speech impediment kindly referred to as an
accent? I like them all for different reasons, but I'm not fooling around
when I say that someday I'll be living in the Philadelphia area and
loving every minute of it.


An additional note... I look forward to reading some posts about Boston
and New York's merits (hint hint). Kirdigga and I are planning a little road trip later this summer to get to the heart of what we love about these places, so make 'em good.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View or Post to our Message Board!
Free Web Counter
Oshkosh Clothing