<$BlogRSDURL$>

Fasten, fit closely, bind together.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The First Real Gangsta 

From the Washington Post:

Hip-hop impresario Benny Boom, who has directed videos for P. Diddy, Lil' Kim and LL Cool J, didn't need to have his arm twisted to join an anti-Bush advertising campaign.

"I felt like Bush stole the last election and the whole country kind of got robbed and bamboozled, and I wanted to make sure I did my part besides voting," he says. When he was approached by the liberal MoveOn PAC, "I was like, yo, I want to do an ad myself."

A celebrity-saturated effort to defeat the president kicks into high gear tonight in New York with a premiere featuring music by Moby, the Roots and Natalie Merchant, and appearances by actor Kevin Bacon, Boom, liberal radio hosts Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo and onetime candidate Howard Dean. The opening-night glitter is designed to publicize the forthcoming MoveOn advertising campaign, which includes all manner of famous people....

And later:

... What is striking about the spots is that they contain no mention of the Democratic presidential nominee.

"I'm more passionate about being opposed to Bush," says Boom. "George Bush is probably the first real gangsta we have had in office. John Kerry needs to be a little bit more of a gangsta himself."

Sidenote: Benny Boom isn't the only one contributing to the MoveOn.org ads because he feels so bamboozled. Moby had something to say too:

"I'm not working under any grand assumptions that my involvement will change the course of the election," Moby says. "My great fear is that we will wake up on November 3, George Bush will have won and we will say, 'What more could we have done?' "

And my greatest pleasure is picturing Moby's whiny little bitch-face wake up on November 3 and realize that American politics doesn't revolve around celebrities.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View or Post to our Message Board!
Free Web Counter
Oshkosh Clothing