<$BlogRSDURL$>

Fasten, fit closely, bind together.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Explain the John Kerry Statement Challenge, Part II 

The last time we had an Explain the John Kerry Statement Challenge, it seems no Anti-Bushocrats were up to the task. No one even took a stab at it! I don't blame you guys, of course; it's tough to actually justify the inane babble the senator puts forth as a foreign policy, and much, much easier just to slap on a few Anti-Bushocrat buttons or bumperstickers and call yourself politically enlightened.

But we're giving you a chance to redeem yourselves here with this second challenge. Remember people, the stakes are high: if you can explain to me the contradiction found in the following statement with any, ANY degree of logic, NDot will wear an authentic Anti-Bushocrat button of your choice from now until Nov. 2nd. This is all about my own education people - I'm counting on you.

This is from the last debate (which a lot of AB's seem to think Kerry somehow won), and frankly it makes me feel like I've been taking crazy pills.

First he said, in response to a question about his flipfloppin':

”Well, let me tell you straight up: I've never changed my mind about Iraq. I do believe Saddam Hussein was a threat. I always believed he was a threat. Believed it in 1998 when Clinton was president. I wanted to give Clinton the power to use force if necessary.”

Then, not even a half hour later in response to a question about Iran - in the very same debate, mind you:

”I don't think you can just rely on U.N. sanctions, Randee. But you're absolutely correct, it is a threat, it's a huge threat.

"And what's interesting is, it's a threat that has grown while the president has been preoccupied with Iraq, where there wasn't a threat.”

As of now I'm operating on the assumption that anyone we would elect to office should be able to decide - given years and years to make the call and even being able to refelct on the outcome - if a world power presents a threat. Note he does claim "I have never changed my mind." But if anyone is up to the Challenge of explaining how this makes any degree of sense I am certainly waiting to hear it, cuz I feel like I'm in Alice in freakin Wonderland over here watching this guy talk.



Anyone?
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View or Post to our Message Board!
Free Web Counter
Oshkosh Clothing