<$BlogRSDURL$>

Fasten, fit closely, bind together.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A Brave New World 

My internet researching just became a whole lot easier, or be more precise, at least a 100 times easier to (or however much faster a cable modem is than a 56K dial-up modem). I’ve been maintaining Billiken’s Bluff via a dial-up modem for the better part of the past 7 months. I’m not sure what this says about me (maybe I should be embarrassed and keep this information private), but I think it should count for something. I’ve found it’s a lot like powering a television by pedaling for wattage on a stationary bike. I've had to work for this webpage, I've had to learn a lot of patience, and I've had to waste a whole lot of time.

After the Eagles beat the Vikings in the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs, I spent 3 hours scouring nearly every sports and news source in America trying to find a satisfactory photo of wide-receiver Freddie Mitchell wearing his red bowtie, suspenders, and Indiana Jones-style fedora during the post-game interview where he "thanked [his] hands for being so great".

I found nothing, but I would have found nothing a hell of a lot sooner with this cable modem.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View or Post to our Message Board!
Free Web Counter
Oshkosh Clothing