<$BlogRSDURL$>

Fasten, fit closely, bind together.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Papoose 



PAPOOSE

This lyrically adept hip hopper sounds equal parts like Big L and Jay Z which is about as big a compliment as you can hope to get here on Billiken.

But despite the fact that he sounds like the (true) best of both worlds, Jay Z and Big L. A partnership made famous during their 7-Minute Freestyle. Big L memorably instructing the ladies in his life that, "we could never be a couple hun, f*ck love, all I got for chicks is hard d*ck and bubble gum." And Jay Z rhyming and providing me with an example of the literary device called a zeugyma that I studied in a Literary Interpretation Course, "I rock the Heavens well even if I don't make it into Heaven I'll raise hell til it's heaven." But I digress. Anyway, Papoose is good. Nearly on their level.

His song "Charades" (Hip Hop Police) is interesting. Papoose raps over the beat of Nas' "Somehow I Believe We'll Always Survive." It's witty, clever. He calls some rappers to task, he calls out some law enforcement officials, and he takes a shot at a recording industry that profits off of the violence in hip hop culture. It is certainly one of the better hip hop tracks I've heard in the past few months.

But I just can't get past this guy's name. Papoose. [pronounced PREPOSTEROUSLY] Not scaring too many people with a name like Papoose. Sounds like something you try to get in the back seat of your car after prom.

Yo son my girl wouldn't give me any papoose, what a prude!!

Or...

Damnnnnnn look at the papoose on that chick, what a scorcher!!!

I googled Papoose and this what I came up with:



So if the question you are asking is:

What's really hood?

The answer is certainly not the monicker Papoose.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what exactly is a papoose?

N Dot says,

"Its the little pouch thingy that native americans and eskimos carry pack their youngins in to carry around on their backs."



That it is.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View or Post to our Message Board!
Free Web Counter
Oshkosh Clothing