<$BlogRSDURL$>

Fasten, fit closely, bind together.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Tendency Towards the Hyperbolic 

He of silver screen magistrate







or rather he of over the top descriptives and gravely voice.



Fields of flowery language like One Hundred Years of Solitude





I heard him interviewed (sort of) intermittently, between extended monologues, on Wednesday.

I cringed at first when I heard him describe our 35th president as:

His mind was honey-combed with contradictions.




Who talks like this? Who can speak like this with straight face during an interview?



He then emoted this polished, rehearsed gem, about Lyndon B. on November 22, 1963:

His volcanic emotions kept under stern control - like a chess player thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead.




But when I heard this piece of prose:

Hysteria hung in the room like Spanish moss on the ceiling




Jack Valente had me



Consider me a fan

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View or Post to our Message Board!
Free Web Counter
Oshkosh Clothing